Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 11-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines below and the Article template, which is found in About the Journal.
- BLIND REVIEW: The authors of the document have deleted their names from the text, with "Author" and year used in the references and footnotes, instead of the authors' name, article title, etc. With Microsoft Office documents, author identification should also be removed from the properties for the file. Click the “File” tab, > Info > Check for Issues > Inspect Document > Inspect. Word examines the document, and then displays the results in a list. Click "Remove all" button next to the second item on the list “Document Properties and Personal Information.” Click “Close” then save your document.
Teaching Anthropology publishes journal content under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license (CC-BY) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode. Video and audio content submitted by authors falls under Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivatives 4.0 license (CC-BY-NC-ND), https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.